Wednesday 4 July 2012

You know this could be, the greatest day of our lives...

My first post on my new blog, can only be about one thing and one thing only - my sister getting married at the weekend! My sister, Jessica, finally took the plunge and married her boyfriend/partner/fiance on the date of their 12th anniversary! 12 years! They met at Sussex University became boyfriend and girlfriend at the end of their first year and have been together ever since!

My sister had been planning the event for at least a year, so it was great that it finally arrived and actually all went smoothly (althought I'm sure she wouldn't agree). It took place in Putney, London and I was there with about 100 other people.

For the day I wore the outfit below. A blue chiffon dress from ASOS  [£35], a grey waterfall blazer from New Look [£24.99], grey platform shoes with zip detail (from New Look about a year ago) [£25], a bronze swallow necklace from eBay and a bronze three star detail necklace from Top Shop [£10]. I also had to wear a cream lily corsage to show I was part of the wedding party as my sister didn't have bridesmaids. Caleb wore his new extra skinny fitted dress trousers from Top Man, which he found that morning and looked amazing on him.

Caleb and I in the hotel before the day started.



 Me (slightly worse for wear) during the day

The ceremony had a harpist and was kept simple and not very long at all! I had to do a reading of E.E.Cummings 'I Carry Your Heart With Me', which I was actually nervous about, but everything went well and soon enough we were taking family photos. 

My Sister Jessica marrying Ned

After the ceremony we had canapes and Champagne, which Caleb and I took full advantage of. I think I had, had about 6 glasses before we had even sat down to eat! They had a hog roast or roasted chicken for the main, with new potatoes and a selection of salads and rolls. I actually opted for chicken, which I regretted later on when I tried the pork! Then for their wedding cake they had a tier of cupcakes with flavours of chocolate orange, lemon or chilli chocolate. I had a couple even though I'm not allowed to eat wheat/gluten. I also drank a lot more red wine and even some white wine. I must say, we were pretty drunk - which you can see in the photo of Caleb and I below. 

Caleb enjoying the Champagne before we ate (with my fish eye attachment for my iPhone)...

...and after food and a lot more drink...

The day was just great and there were many speeches (my dad's which went on forever), dancing and a sneeky watch of some of the Euro final (I had to!). I will probably upload a few more photos on here once I've stolen them from someone else. I spent far too long chatting instead of capturing the day, but sometimes I think that's the way it should be. 


No comments:

Post a Comment